1.04.2010

Welcome to the Year of Being Right.

First... props to the daughter and my cute new blog decor.  LOVE it! 

Ok... in a marathon conversation with beloved Stacy tonight we were talking about some of the memorable "ah-ha" moments of the last year.  And for me, one of the biggest one that has had a life-long impact on my life was a ridiculous decision-cum-reality that I made when I was TWELVE... yes.. 1...2...that boys would always leave and no one would ever love me enough to marry me.  (I learned this by re-reading my journals from when I was a teenager) 

OY!  Little girl, whatever did you do to yourself????  Well, I made that decision (completely forgiven, BTW) as a young, hormone driven, pre-teen... undoubtedly because some boy didn't smile at me on the bus... and then spent the next... er... "many years"... making sure I was right! 

Since I'm not aiming to make this blog about my sad, sad love life... wait, if its sad and its in the vast void of emptiness... is it still sad and does anyone know?  Bah... another time.  Anyway, I don't want this to be about THAT issue as much as "What am going to be 'right' about this year?"  So, rather than any resolutions for the new year, the new decade I'd going to focus on what I can be right about. 

And since the FIRST thing that comes to mind is the thought that I'm going to go to bed at a more reasonable hour... this is good night.  Its 11:30 and its more reasonable to go to bed NOW than at midnight.  Stay tuned, folks... (in my best Terminator voice)  I'll be back.  And think about it... what do YOU want to be right about this year? 

1 comment:

Nim said...

Best. Question. Ever.