1.24.2011

My "Things to Do When I Move to a New Place" list...

Anyone that reads this knows that I work as a consultant - its a new gig and I expect I will move on to a new project soon.  With that in mind, I have a list in my head of things I want for a new place... (the waiting is partly due to money, partly due to lack of storage in my current place, and partly because they are things to look forward to in the name of 'starting anew'.) None of these things are things I need at the moment, so there is no deprivation.  :)

There are requirements for the new apartment too... these are the things that will be different from my current place...
  • An open floor plan with a kitchen I like...which means counter space and more than one drawer!
  • A freakin' linen closet
  • Two bedrooms
  • Storage... that means more than two closets.
And here's the list...
  1. A cat.   
  2. A KitchenAid mixer.  I will pass on the sausage making attachment. 
  3. Restock my bathroom linens!  Ask my daughter, I had a massive collection of towels and shower curtains and would rotate them depending on the season.  Sadly, with each move, I have gotten rid of more and more (back to the storage problem) and I have 12 towels and ONE shower curtain.  I KNOW!  Right?!? 
  4. Ditto on bed linens... high thread count, of course :)  And with two bedrooms...its twice the fun!  wOOt! 
  5. A real table and chairs.
These are the recurring things... more will come, I'm sure.  :)  And its fun to think about! 

No comments: